Service des Réseaux et Télécommunications
The 2nd Belgian Computer Science Challenge (Olympiades Informatiques belges) will take place on February 17th, 2011 and March 30th, 2010.
Le 25 mars 2010, conférence "Trouver sa route dans l'Internet" dans le cadre du Printemps des Sciences
The 1st Belgian Computer Science Challenge (Olympiades Informatiques belges) will take place on March 24, 2010.
The 4th International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2010) will take place on June 21-25, 2010 at the University of Zurich, Switzerland.
The Networking and Telecommunications Lab carries teaching and research activities. The teaching activities of the lab include courses on computer architecture, computer networking and object-oriented programming. The main research areas of the lab are in IP routing, networked embedded systems and P2P networking.
- Bruno Quoitin, Prof. [ web page ]
- Stefan Beauport, PhD student
- Alain Buys, Assistant prof. [ web page ]
- Mathieu Michel, PhD student [ web page ]
We have a renowned expertise in the design, analysis and modeling of the Internet Routing Architecture and its core protocol, the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). The research contributions of the lab in that area include a public and open-source BGP simulator for large scale systems named C-BGP.
- Internet Routing Architecture
- Network Emulation
- Network Topology Generation
- Networked Embedded Systems and WPANs
- P2P Networking
Master theses and projects
- N. Debaye, Using Evolutionary Algorithms to Synthesize Network Topologies (master thesis), 2010-2011
- M. Tremerie, Extending the NCGuard Network-Wide Configuration Tool with BGP Routing Policies (master thesis), 2010-2011
- J. Vanderstichelen, Alternative Scheduling Mechanisms for the C-BGP Routing Solver (master thesis), 2010-2011
- D. Durieux, Producing C-BGP Routing Simulation Models based on RPSL Specifications (project), 2010-2011
- J. Bahati Mafutala, Computation of Interdomain Routing Failover Matrices (project), 2010-2011
- P. Jaradin, Support of IPv6 on the Arduino Platform (project), 2010-2011
- X. Timperman, IPv6 for Wireless Embedded Systems (master thesis), 2009-2010
- J. Lhaut, Adapting FreeRTOS for Microchip PIC18F MCUs using SDCC (master thesis), 2009-2010
Prof. Bruno Quoitin
Département d'Informatique (UMons)
Avenue du Champ de Mars, 6